TALKING POINTS FOR THE CODE RODEO
1. The city transportation master plan should include:
- Identified trail corridors for future trail / greenway development
- Cross sections for a hierarchy of trail corridors that will accommodate long term expansion of the city
- Prioritized connections between various land uses current and potential, e.g. schools, businesses, neighborhoods, university, churches, community centers, cultural hubs, and identified intensity nodes.
- Changes in land use should require dedication and or accommodation of specified greenway corridors and trails
- Connect with the Violet Crown Trail via the Blanco River corridor
- Extend the San Marcos River park and greenway corridor to the confluence with the Blanco River
- Purgatory Creek corridor from the ETJ to the San Marcos River
- Willow Springs Creek from Paso Robles to the San Marcos River
- Sink Creek and its tributaries to Spring Lake
- Cottonwood Creek from Paso Robles to the southern ETJ
- Other corridors as depicted in the Preferred Scenario Map that achieve continuous greenways from the Sink Creek Corridor to Purgatory Creek and the San Marcos River.
4. Buffers between commercial, multifamily, and residential should be utilized for greenway connectivity where possible and not maintained as isolated parcels.
5. Statements of intent for subdivision ordinances should clearly state the desire for natural areas, trail corridors
Meetings take place in the code rodeo headquarters next door to the Show Place Theater in downtown San Marcos on North LBJ. You are welcome to attend any and all of these events.
Thurs, Oct 23
6 to 9pm Public Kick-Off event @ Activity Center
Fri, Oct 24
11 to Noon Technical Mtg – Environmental Issues
Mon, Oct 27
5 to 7pm Public Open House@ LBJ location
Tues, Oct 28
10 to 11:30 am Technical Mtg – Parks & Public Facilities
3:00 to 4:30 Technical Mtg – Transportation
Wed, Oct 29
6 to 8:30 pm Public Wrap-up/Work-in-Progress Presentation @ Activity Center
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you there!